www.WarrenMurphy.com Forum Index www.WarrenMurphy.com
The Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New forums question

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.WarrenMurphy.com Forum Index -> Site Suggestions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: New forums question Reply with quote

When the site eventually expands, what kind of forums are going to be added to it ? Are there going to be only Destroyer related forums and topics (because most if not all member are readers of the series) or will there be non-Destroyer stuff too ?

Thank you.
wbrian
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leo,
My "vision" if I can be so bold.... Is to have several different areas in the forums. I wish to keep areas kind of organized, so it's easy to navigate around for a certain author type we all know...

But besides that, I think we're kind of open to try things and see what works. I haven't had a chance to sit down with my Dad and go over the forums; I'm hoping to get there to see him today.

I'm also planning on installing a chat room in here to be accessed from the menu @ the top of the forums. The other thing I'd really like to get set up is a Blog for my Dad. I might just make a simple forum that only he can post to, and then have a feedback topic where others can discuss his posts. But that's stuff I'll be getting online as time allows.

So those are my plans. Any suggestions? If anyone else knows this PHPBB2 app, and has pointers or suggestions, I'm all ears!

Thanks!
Brian
Leo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chat/Community forum would be outstanding !

I'm currently a very active poster and member in another messageboard that started purely as Star Wars fan board. It however currently has about 20 or so different forums and only 3 are SW oriented. Maybe more "newbie" forums would draw in those who haven't heard of Destroyer or Trace or Grandmaster but who came because they saw something else that caught their interest. And then the trap snaps shut !! And Master Chiun starts reading his ung poetry to enlighten these pagans ! Bwahahaha...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.WarrenMurphy.com Forum Index -> Site Suggestions/Comments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: